Designed with lots of love by my lovely sister in law.....she spent ages doing this :-)

Monday, May 24, 2010

An Emotional Day

Well we did it! Deb and I walked the Race For Life, between us we raised approx. £300 in sponsorship, for Cancer Research, so very pleased.

The 3 mile race took us just over an hour, I have to say it was hard going in the heat but the funny thing was it was only my face that was hot, weird huh!

This was my first ever race and Debs 2nd.

I got to the sign that said 500m to go and started to blub, sop that I am, I just felt so proud of myself that Id nearly finished the race and for such a good cause.

This time last year, theres no way I could have done it with all the extra weight I was carrying, so yep! I think I have a right to be proud of us both.

I also have to say a huge thanks to everyone that sponsored us, Thank you.

Heres to next year!

I'll leave you with a piccie of us, red faces and all :)


1 comment: