Designed with lots of love by my lovely sister in law.....she spent ages doing this :-)

Tuesday, March 03, 2009

I *heart* Craft Blogs

I suppose Im lucky to have grandmothers/mother, both of which were/are home makers.

They could/can cook, sew, knit etc. In fact my paternal grandmother was a seamstress in her youth.

Had a chance to go to Paris by all accounts, but met my grandad and the rest, they say, is history.

Me? Yep some of it has rubbed off (though I dont bake as much as I used to when the kids were little) and I love crafts, though Im really naff at making cards!

My mum taught me to knit when I was 18 and pregnant with my oldest daughter. She also tried to show me how to sew (but she didnt have much patience with me and nor me with her, but then I was only about 11) I eventually mastered the sewing but only simple things.

Trousers for my girls, those were the days. I bet the girls are just glad I dont have photos to prove my sewing skills LOL

Then there was the cross stitch which I love, but it doesnt grow quick enough for me.

I love scrapbooking and have been a scrapper for 5+ years. However, that doesnt stop me hankering after a change now again whether it be picking up my Knitting needles, or something else.

Inspiration comes in many forms, but my fave has to be 'blog hopping' and seeing what others are creating, or reading 'how to' tutorials.

So with this in mind, Im posting my fave blogs of the day and you never know you may find one out there that inspires you.

The first one is lovely friend of mine, Lorna, who despite what she says, is very talented at practically everything, but especially sewing/cross stitching. She is superwoman when it comes to making patchworks, seriously!

Check out her slide gallery on her blog, awesome!

Lornas blog is called (obvious really) A Bit of Everything


Next is Mazs Blog Natures Workshop

Have a browse through and look at some of the amazing things shes made. Maz always seems to think 'outside the box'. Loving her Gift Milk Cartons.

Then theres Sophie. Sophie is one of my DT buddies on Scrap Schemes, but she does the most gorgeous cards in my opinion.

Simple but very elegant, you can check out her blog here La Carterie de Sophie

Everyone loves cake? right? Unfortunately this blog is 'closed' (as in they arent posting anymore) but there are the most delish cupcake recipes available.

Its the Cupcake Bakeshop blog what more can I say other than Yum! Yum! hehe

Last but definitely NOT least is this talented lady, Christine Middlecamp.

I love her scrapbooking style, its totally gorgeous!

Chrstines blog is called Retrospection

Have fun browsing, ttfn x

No comments:

Post a Comment