Designed with lots of love by my lovely sister in law.....she spent ages doing this :-)

Sunday, September 18, 2005

what a wedding!


Well after much stropping, by me on Friday, yes Im a stropper, I actually found something to wear for Daves work colleagues wedding yesterday.

The wedding was beautiful. The bride looked radiant in a beaded ivory dress and the groom looked quite handsome too. The church service itself was lovely and very modern in the sense that the hymns were more like folk songs. At one point I almost applauded after one hymn, I totally forgot why we were there!

The church was decked out in lots of cream lillies and greenery. The ceremony also inlcuded a few Phillapino traditions which was a nice touch.

The bride, July, is from the Phillapines and people from all over the world had come to share Adam and Julys day.

The reception was held at the Hilton Hotel in Bromsgrove. When it came to the speaches there wasnt a dry eye in the house. The picture is of their wedding cake.

After dancing the night away, Dave booked us in for the night, ok its only 15 miles up the road from us, but it was nice not to have to drive home at 12.30am and actually have some 'us' time.

I was nervous about meeting loads of new people, as I didnt know a soul, but they all turned out to be a great crowd and welcomed me into the fold, so to speak. Im always rather self conscious of meeting new people, but I really dont know why I was worried.

I think Dave had a good time too and he looked rather dashing in his new suit, doesnt scrub up to badly actually :) almost made me fall in love with him all over again, notice how I said almost LOL.

Off to do scrapbooking now, and catch up on all the things I didnt do yesterday, washing, hoovering etc. Its called coming back to earth with a bump LOL.

1 comment:

  1. Awwwww, aren't you sweet!!!
    The cake looks fabulous!
    Glad you managed to find something to wear!
    LOL at you nearly clapping after the song!

    ReplyDelete